Thursday, August 2, 2012

TAIL-END OF A COLD FRONT

  • I learned that a tail-end of a cold front is a front boundary of 2 air masses that are found in the mid-latitudes. 

  • I want to know more about how a tail-end of a cold front is formed and how does it bring upon rain to the area where it is.

  • I would like to research on how a tail-end of a cold front can affect us in our daily lives and how does the tail-end affects the whole cold front that actually is defined as the leading edge of a cooler mass of air, replacing a warmer mass of air, which lies within a fairly sharp surface trough of low pressure. 

  • I appreciate the fact that it forms in the wake of an extra tropical cyclone, at the leading edge of its cold air advection pattern, which is also known as the cyclone's dry conveyor belt circulation. That also helps the prevention of drought that helps in the cropping season.


  • With all of these information gathered I can apply my learning and insights in my everyday life as if I know how most of the occurrence in the climate. Especially the things that happen before or during the wet or rainy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment