Thursday, August 2, 2012

MONSOON


  • I learned that monsoon is traditionally defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation, but is now used to describe seasonal changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation associated with the asymmetric heating of land and sea. Usually, the term monsoon is used to refer to the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern, although technically there is also a dry phase.

  • I want to know more about how monsoon occurs and more about how it can affect us in our lives.

  • I would like to research on how the major monsoon systems of the world consist of the West African and Asia-Australian monsoons differ from the inclusion of the North and South American monsoons with incomplete wind reversal has been debated.

  • I appreciate the fact that monsoons bring upon rain that ends up the dry seasons which means that it can be the start of the cropping seasons, without the doubt of experiencing drought that would bring upon the wilt of the crops. That provides our necessary need of food.

  • I can apply my learning and insights in my life especially during the rainy or wet seasons. With all of these information gathered I have now the confidence of sharing what I have learned with my family, schoolmates and friends that will help us in understanding the occurring of rain after the dry season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment